Saturday, February 16, 2013

I'm amazed...I really love it.

Is it just me or does everyone feel this way?
Sometimes I wonder if it's just me...
and I'm totally fine if I'm alone in this,
but I'm constantly amazed.
Joy
I hope that I never get to the point that I expect things,
because the feeling of amazement is enjoyable to me.
My eyes get a little misty...
My nose starts running a little...
                 (Yes, I'm one of those people that has a runny nose when they cry...
                   everything is connected that way in my head.)
My heart feels all mushy and HUGE...
and I struggle with my words.
Now those that know me well,
also know that I generally do not struggle with words.
I wordy.
Quite wordy.
So when I have a hard time getting words out it means one of two things...
I'm really happy, or I'm really mad.
In this case...
I'm really happy.
REALLY, REALLY HAPPY!
And you did this! 

Yes, you know who you are.
In fact, many of you keep telling me that your pants feel a little tighter.
People, I told you that the cookies can be frozen, but you just went ahead and ATE them!
I actually prefer that.  Nice job! It's makes the baker in my smile.
No, I don't smile because you feel fat...
I smile because it makes me happy to feed you sweets.
I really love it when you tell me something was delicious.
I love it when you talk about feeding it to your child
                  and how much they enjoyed each bite.
I love the pictures of happy faces shoving
                  chocolate cookies into their mouths.
I love it when you describe how you meant to
                  give it to your husband or wife,
                  but you ate it on the car ride home.
                  (Hehe...I really love that.)
I love when you describe how you and your
                  teenage son couldn't wait until after dinner,
                  so you grabbed two forks
                  and share a piece of cake. 
Each and every story makes me love baking even more,
                  and makes me love you more too.
Because when I bake I picture you.
I feel the love that you have for your family
and the love that you have...well...for me.
I really feel it...
and it amazes me.
Each and every time.
Even more, I'm amazed at how a little cookie, brownie, cupcake,
and scone can add up to a whole bunch of good
in the lives of animals in our community.
I'm thankful that I have found an organization in Fences for Fido 
that loves to help the special dogs that need our care. 
I've always felt that it's our job to care for each other...
human or animal. 
We are never alone when we have a friend on our side. 
For me, some days that friend is human,
but every day my dog is there. 
And that makes me a very lucky girl.
Beautifully stated Audrey...
Each time I hold a bake sale,
I can accomplish both of those things.
I help myself feel proud to be a part of a community dedicated to helping dogs,
and help others enjoy tasty treats while donating to this amazing cause.
It's definitely a win-win!
And I thank you from the bottom of my mushy, huge heart.

Now, to tempt your taste buds for future bake sales,
here are a few of my treat offerings.




Love to you! ~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment