Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy "Freedom" Day

Now, Valentine's Day means a something a little different to me than it does to you.
(I'm pretty sure that most people don't have the same connections as I do. Yep.  Pretty darn sure.)
Yes, Valentine's is a day to celebrate the people that you love
and shower them with little sentiments of how much they mean to you.
It's a day that card manufactures
and chocolate company's boost their sales...
A day when bakeries (yumma!) open their doors
and supply their patrons with heart shaped confections...
The day that I have another glorious bake sale of new treats for Fences...
Kids hand out little notes of love and friendship to their classmates...
Parents dote on their kids with little notes of love...
All of these things are fabulous!
I love each and every one of those things, but to me "Freedom" day is all of that
and every other holiday wrapped up in a fabulous package.
You must be curious now...right?!
What could be better than all of that?!
Well...let me tell you!

For me, it is "Lori's Freedom Day.
Ahhh...beautiful, lovely, glorious freedom day.
The day that I was unchained from an unhealthy marriage.
It's the day that my shackles of pain and sadness were removed and I was FREE!
Unburdened...
Released...
Divorced finalized!

For some people, this type of day falling on a day
dedicated to love may seem horrible.
Stained.
Tainted.
Depressing.
Really, really sad.
But not to me.
Valentine's Day is a day of love.
It represents me, loving myself enough to get out of a bad situation.
Me, having amazing people who LOVE ME enough to hold me up, when I couldn't.
People ,supporting me every decision and helping me along the way.
It's me, having enough strength and courage to love me, and put me first.
To walk away and make my life, well, mine again.
If that's not a celebration of love, then what is?!
Though, I'm very confident that I definitely have the idea of love, just right.
So on this VERY important day of love,
remember that loving yourself and taking care of you,
is the best gift of love that you can give and receive.
Really, it is.
Trust me.
I've worked a long time to figure that out.

And while you're sharing the love,
make sure the amazing people that are your support system feel the love too.
If you're not sure what to give,
I suggest a big hug,
and a big cookie!
 
 
 
 
 
From me to you,
Happy Freedom Day
             and
Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Freedom Love Day! So glad for all of the love and joy you are discovering!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to find with friends like you by my side. <3 you!

      Delete