Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Power of the Paw















Date: September 9, 2013
Cause: Fences for Fido- What else is there?

Watching tonight in action I knew that I was watching
the power of paws.
Us, dogs folks are all alike...
Besides being basically the best humans on earth,
we, like our furry best friends are ready and willing to lend a paw.
Whether the paw is for play, or difficult work, we stick together.
Need help? Sure, I'm in!
Need food? Gotcha covered.
Need a sympathetic ear? You got it...I'm here.

See, dog folks are instant friends.
We don't have to exchange long introductions, or even names really,
we're just friends.
We like each other because we have commonalities that make us connect.
We love dogs.
Period.
What more needs to be said?
I knew all of this,
but as I was leaving I realized how many folks I had spoken to
and how I only knew their dogs' name!
But the funny thing was, as I introduced myself (walking out the door) 
one of the owners that I had spoken with all evening said,
"Names?! Does it really matter?! It's all about the dogs!" 
Ha! So true.
So true.
We don't need names, we're already fast friends.

Tonight was amazing.
It was fast paced.
It was hot and loud.
It was a packed house.
It was beautiful.
It was filled with smiles and laughter.
It was a night to remember.
And the best part?
It will change the lives of dogs throughout 2014.
All it will take is hungry pub consumers going to eat at The Oregon Public House
and selecting our name from the board.

We had one night.
One night to show The Oregon Public House
what happens when dog advocates come together.
One night to make it on the charity board for 2014.
What is that you ask?
Oregon Public House is the first of it's kind...
the first non-profit pub in the nation.
And they choose 8 local charities to donate all of the profits to over the course of the year.
We had one night to bring in $3500 in sales to make it on the board.
"Could we do it?" we asked ourselves.
Well, we can't do it alone...
But when we join together, it's a powerful force.
Not only did we raise $3500 dollars in sales,
we exceeded that amount by $1300!
$4800...now that is an example of The Power of the Paw.
And now we have another partner in un-chaining dogs with
The Oregon Public House.

2 comments: