Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Early Bird Blogs


I find that this happens to me quite often now.
I arrive early to things...
I have no reason to be late and I have no one holding my back, making me late.
I like it...I hated being late to events!
Tonight I sit waiting for my friends.
I just hang out and try not to listen in on other conversations, but I can't help myself.
I ease drop into their worlds.
It's reassuring to know that my life isn't that different from others.
I live life simply...with a little sparkle....
I mean...I live life with a bit of fabulousness.

Actually, I just love my life.
I do the things that I love.
I surround myself with people that encourage me and full me with joy.
When I am stressed, I refocus and find my sparkle.
See, it's fabulous!

So fabulous that I arrive early...

I am early to places so that I can rest well knowing that my life is full.
One of the main reasons that I'm early, is that I only plan one thing a day.
That's it. See previous post about this...
But I highly recommend this.
Especially to other people that thrive on being busy. Slow it down folks.
You might miss out on the little things that really make a life full.

Plus, it's the little things that actually make life special.

If I had been in a hurry,
I might haven't been able to stop and watch the pastry chefs make brittle through their window.

I might not have walked pass the little cafe, that I now must go to soon. 
I might have missed out on the two older men sitting at the bar, reminiscing about their childhood.

Oops!  I was ease dropping again.  Darn it! I just can't help it...people are so fascinating!

I like being the early bird. 
She is able to sitting quietly alone and soak in the world around her.
I like that I have time to do that now.
And spend time with people that make me sparkle. :0)

If you need a little dinner and dessert to make your sparkle really shine, try out two of my new favorites!

The Original Dinerant
300 SW 6th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97204
Phone: 503.546.2666







In my world, dessert is my favorite part of the meal, so it can't be forgotten.  Now, don't let the long lines keep you away!  They move things along pretty fast and the ice cream...well...it's well worth the wait. 
Salt and Straw


 







I left quite a few "used spoons" here because I had to try a few flavors before selecting my favorites.  Don't worry, they encourage trying as many as you want!  So go for it and enjoy.
I guess the early bird gets her sparkle, dinner, dessert, and a full heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment