Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Our Top 10 Dog Products

I can be a bit picky about dog products, so can Murph. 
Some I like, some I don't. 
Murphy likes some of them, and he LOVES a few. 
Here is a simple list of the products that both Murphy and I love.

Number 10: Wham-O Frisbee
I know, I know...this isn't a official dog product, but it is by far the best Frisbee to use with your dog.  Murphy LOVES a Frisbee and I've gotten pretty good at throwing one, but this Frisbee makes throwing it well much easier.

#9: The Pet Lodge Crate
Crate training from an early age is crucial to raising a happy, secure dog.  Though it is comforting to have a dog snuggle with you in bed, but it's not a healthy sleeping arrangement for either you or your dog.  Dogs need a place that they feel is just theirs...a place that they can go to a feel safe.  Murphy loves his crate.  Sure he likes to snuggle, but when it's time for bed he snuggles into his own bed and we both sleep well.  I really like this crate because it have two doors and is big enough for Murphy to curl up, stand, and stretch.  Perfect.



Eight: Flying Duck Slingshot Dog Toy-Hyper Products
Bird?! Is that a bird?! Oh man, Murphy loves to chase birds...and with this toy he can chase and catch them without any real harm.  Plus, it's really durable!






http://www.castorpolluxpet.com/product/good-buddy-rawhide-bone


Number 7: Good Buddy Rawhide Bones
When Murphy deserves a treat (a BIG treat) this is what I pick up for him.  He doesn't get too excited over food, but he LOVES these.  Doesn't your pup deserve a treat?!



#6: FURminator: Medium Yellow Deshedding Tool
Right now my house is a fur magnet.  Every day I look around and find puffs of fluffy Murphy fur floating around, or clinging to something, or even landing right here on my computer keyboard.  At least with the FURminator I stand a chance against this Spring battle.


Number Five: Chuck-it
Junior LauncherThis one is really a no-brainer.  Every dog who loves to run and chase and catch, loves a ball.  The Chuck-it makes throwing a ball much easier for a none softball playing girl like myself.  Without it, I would never be able to throw a ball far enough to let  Murphy run full-out, but with it...well, I can set it sailing.
Glow-in-the-dark Ball



4: Roamer™ Leash from RuffWear

It's a hand-held, waist-worn, and bungee extending leash...perfect for an active pup and times when you need your hands free.  This is our newest product purchase from Paws on the Beach in Lincoln City, Oregon.  I was tired of the extend-a-leash and loved that this had a bungee-cord in the middle.




THREE: Thundershirt
You've seen 'em...or at least the advertising for this product.  But it really works!  Murphy gets really, REALLY nervous at loud noises, especially at the 4th of July.  This swaddling jacket is a lifesaver.  He doesn't really like it, but I know what's best.




#2- PureVida Dog Food-
Simply the BEST dog food I've found.  You may think, "What's the big deal about dog food?"  Well, there's a lot that is a BIG deal about dog food, and PureVida is miracle food.  Not only is it created here in the USA, but it's nutrient dense, which means that your dog will poop less.  LESS POOP!  If that's not something to be excited about then you are not picking up your dogs' poop.  (You really should be people...pick it up!)



NUMBER 1: Chase 'n Pull
The absolutely BEST, I mean BEST dog product ever created! When Murphy was a puppy, I used a fishing pole and feathers to make a toy like this.  He LOVED it, and I thought that it was going to be my million dollars idea!  Sadly, someone beat me to it.  But at least it's given me a way to wear out a very active Border Collie. 

Chase 'n Pull my life-saving dog toy.  Okay, it's not life-saving, but it does wear out my boy and some days, that saves my life...or at least my sanity.  I promise that if you have an active dog with a high prey-drive, this is the dog toy for you!  And order a couple replacement end tie-on's.  In three years I've had one pole and three tie-on's...I think that's a pretty good investment on daily fun with your pup!

Now, go out there and play people!
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment