Saturday, April 6, 2013

Adventures in Un-chaining

 
Stretching a length of I-5 from Silver Lake, Washington to Marion, Oregon,
I've enjoyed my last couple times unchaining sweet pups.
I'm sure the long drives turned some folks away...
I mean most people have busy schedules on the weekends,
but I like to keep mine fairly open.
Simon and Bow
Who could say "no" to these faces?!
 
In this case, my open schedule allowed me to meet Simon and Bow,
while helping an awesome group of people free them from a chained life.
Lucky, lucky me!
I'm not a huge fan of driving.
Yes, it gets me to where I need to go and accomplishes goals, but driving is boring.
Somehow driving to help free fidos from chains is easy and not boring at all.
The excitement of knowing that a dogs' life will be changed that day
motivates me the way other things don't.
If my other posts haven't convinced you to join me on a build, maybe this one will. 
Here is a photo gallery look at two freedom days for two deserving dogs.

Simon
Silver Lake, Washington
A small, but mighty crew!



This is Gabby, an amazing photographer who joined us that day.
Please check out her beautiful pictures of the build
and so much more at Blinker Photography.
Gabby's photos include this one of Simon helping me secure the ground wire. Love this boy!
And my gorgeous mud wear...
Yep, I gather a little more mud at each build and that makes me very happy.
Bow
Marion, Oregon
All hands on deck for this build!


Then, BOOM! Bow is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
And man, he's thrilled to run and run and run!
He was a hard pup to slow down...so we didn't...well, just once.
 :0)
 
Bow was a born runner and now he'll be able to run as much as he wants!
Doesn't that make your heart happy?
Thank you Fences for Fido!
You make the world such a better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment