Monday, April 1, 2013

Heart Tugs

SO many times I have grandiose ideas. 
I generally think big instead of small.
I like to tackle big projects...
but sometimes my ideas are just too big for my time restraints.
Originally, I had wanted to make stuffies for a children's charity,
but the hand stitching of the faces has just taken too long to get them done before Christmas. 
So now I have a couple bear faces in the middle of construction and a huge pile of fleece. 
I'm going to save the bears that I've started, but there is just no way that I can conceivably finish them this year...so they will be saved until the summer when I have more time. 
What to do with all of this fleece?! 
I really want to use it for a charity project...but what would be useful and needed? 
Also, what could I really finish in-between all of the other things that I want to finish?! 

Ahhh....dog tugs.

Murphy and his sweet friend IO play tug-a-war using fleece tugs every time they get together.  They fling the tug around, tease each other, run around, and talk smack(Woof! Rrrrrr! You know, smack.) to each other while tugging.  If these two have so much fun with tugs, other dogs will as well.
I love making these tugs and dogs seem to LOVE them just as much.
So, I found simple and easy instructions at The Crazy Simple Life
Please click on the site to read detailed directions.
 
My large pile of fleece would take a lot of time for me to make each and every tug.
Good thing I had a fabulous group of families
with a lot of little hands to help twist, braid, and tie tugs.
 
 Again, a HUGE thank you to Mission:Salt + Light and
the Little Lights for all of your twisting and knotting!
Endless hours of fun will be had using these tugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment