Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My child is a honor roll student at...


You've seen 'em.
They're on the bumper of the car in front of you.
The mini-van, suburban, or SUV.
If you're like me, you sort of roll your eyes and snort, "Huh. Honor student. Do you have to advertise it?! Geesh!" Cue another eye roll.
I think, "I'd never put that on my car!"






But you see...shhh...this is just a secret between me and you...I'm a bit jealous.
I know.
Cue the eye roll.
Annoying? Yes.
Bragging? Yes.
Proud? Yes.
Now I'm not jealous of the kid thing.
Not now. I see teens every... working... day.
If I was to think about having kids,
I need to teach 1st or 2nd grade where kids still love their teachers.
 Sure, some like me, (I'm sure) but I know how rough the parents have it.
If that's not birth control, I don't know what is!
www.cartoonstock.com
Any-hoo...
As I was saying...
I'm a bit jealous because I'd like to brag about my pup.
No, he's not my kid..but I did teach him everything that he knows (with a lot of help).
Doesn't that deserve a bumper sticker?! Heck yeah.
So here it is...
My dog is a high honor roll student.
Ah. I feel better now.

What does he know you ask?
Well shoot, let me tell ya.
Words and phrases.

1. While at the beach I had to explain to my nieces and nephew that you just can't say certain words around Murphy. Dumbfounding they asked why. I explained that once you say certain things he is relentless until you fulfill it.
Leanna- "Are you going to run fast outside?"
Murphy looking at her, head tilting at each word. 
I know he's thinking..."Yeah I am! We're going now? Right? Right? Right? Etc."
You can see where this is headed.
Yes, I know that Murphy can't actually speak.
But if you saw his face and actions, you'd know.





2. He knows the names of his toys...here is just a smattering.

Tug, Mr. Broccoli, Sheep, Oliver, Bolt, Mr. Carrot...


Yes, I like to name things by putting "Mr." or "Miss" in front of the object or name.
Some times they get in fights...Mr. Broccoli and Oliver don't always get along.
 Mr. Broccoli beat the stuffing out of Oliver this time...hehe.
Murphy has a basket of toys and he plays with every single one. 


3. People
He remembers everyone and everything that they made him feel.
This is good and very bad.
Since he's a rescue, Murphy has very strong feelings about people.
You might call it a vibe.
 He doesn't warm up to new people quickly.
He has to study your behavior for a while...months even to see if you're trustworthy.
I can't blame him.
Once you've been hurt, you're going to try to avoid that pain again at all costs.
The good side to his caution is that once you're in the circle of Murphy trust, you're in.
The benefits are well worth the wait.



Now this is just the start to my proud list of honor "student"qualities.







No, I'm not going to make a sticker and put it on my car. But if I did it would say...

"My honor student can out run, out maneuver, and out play your honor student any day. Bring it!"














But I'm not going to do that...
it would be silly and I'm a grown-up.
Plus, it would be bragging and boastful and...well...
Much too small of a scale.

I'm just going to write an entire blog post and send it out into the world!!!
HA! Take that! (Sticking out my tongue in a very immature and awesome way! Nah!)
Bring it honor students. Bring. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment