Saturday, April 13, 2013

Joy Boosters

It's been a rough week and I've been struggling to keep up my spirits. So to aid my progress I decided to make of list of all of the things in my world that make me happy and boost my joy right now.

Top 10 things that make me happy:

10. Hawthorne Threads
Hawthorne Threads Logo Image When I need a little escape into beautiful fabrics, I click on this site and drift into a new world.  Someday I hope to actually purchase fabrics and create something amazing, but until then I click, enjoy, and dream.

9. Easter Candy.

Some people hate them...not me. I wait all year for Cadbury Cream Eggs, then slowly eat one every week, for one month.  It always makes me happy.

8. Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Delish...enough said.

7. Dangling Earrings

My Grandma always said that if you need a boost, put on jewelry. Big Bright Jewelry.  Got it Grandma.




6. Squirt
Have you tried this stuff lately?!  I don't really even like soda that much, but this soda is a flashback to younger days for me.  Hello 1987.





5. My co-workers...they support me through this wild ride of teaching middle school and make me giggle. This is for you Fuller.

4. Alan Carr: Chatty Man
Alan Carr: Chatty Man He's British. He's funny and fabulous. Click the link, pick an episode with a celebrity you like, and enjoy! One enjoy this little clip from a One Direction episode.


3. BuzzFeed:
If you haven't checked out this site, it is well-worth a glance. Warning though, once you enter you will be sucked into a wormhole of interesting and weird lists and articles.  Today's favorite list is The 5 Most WTF Room Makeovers Hildi Santo Tomas did on Trading Spaces. There was a time when I when addicted to that show and this article took me right back to that time...I too cringed each time Hildi was one of the designers.  As a viewer, or a home owner, you never knew what to expect.

2. Mutts Comic
Mutts logo
Some of the comics are sweet, some funny, and some make me teary,
but all of them I love, love, love. 


1. Puppy Cuddles. 

This is no surprise there.  My day is not complete until I get to snuggle with my best furry friend Murphy and hug the day away. Thanks Murph.

No comments:

Post a Comment