Thursday, May 16, 2013

Monkey Bread for One

Monkey Bread.
A little bite of heaven.
The only problem that I have with making Monday Bread,
 is that it creates a lot of it!
I know, like that's a problem.
But really it is a problem
unless you have a large group of people to share it with.
Otherwise you're standing in your kitchen peeling off pieces
while losing a debate with yourself about having another chunk. 
Yes.  I have lost frequently. 
I'm not a very good debater.
Plus, it's sooo delicious.
What isn't good about bite-sized pieces of cinnamon roll?
Seriously...it's delicious.
To help myself not be defeated in the kitchen,
I found a recipe for Monkey Bread that makes it in servings for one!
Or two...three...you get the idea. 
Easy to portion and easy to share...if sharing is your thing. 
I get selfish with Monkey Bread. 
 
Monkey Bread
Head over there to get the step-by-step instructions.
Until then enjoy a little tummy temptation...
 
Let the dough rise and rise until it is doubled in size.
 Grease the muffin tins.  I use the larger ones, because I need a little more Monkey Bread.
 Mix up a little cinnamon and sugar.
I didn't add anything to the butter,
because I can't think of anything better than just melted butter.
This is where the fun really begins...
Cut chunks of dough, drop it in the butter, and then toss it in cinnamon & sugar.
 Yumma! Yumma!

 Hot out of the oven, it's difficult not to grab one and chow down. But I resisted, barely.
Add a simple icing...and tada!
A little perfection to share with those you love.
Enjoy my dear friends, and I won't judge you if you don't share.
Promise.
Sometimes I don't either.
Now go make some and make your weekend a bit sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment