Friday, June 14, 2013

I Brake for Lemonade

As a kid, I was always looking for ways to make a little money.  Country kids, like me, ended up picking berries in the hot sun or collecting veggies for local farms.  I felt jealous pangs for those kids that lived in neighborhoods who could just set up a stand and draw in supportive people to purchase their cool beverages and cookies.

Lemonade has always been the beverage of choice
and last week we found the perfect compliment to the simple card table lemonade stand.
How perfect is this?!
I would have loved something like this as a kid...
of course I would need a neightborhood too. 
Hmmm...at least these precious kids have a neighborhood
and a garage sale to bring in thirsty customers.
So my advice? 
Whether the lemonade stand is a card table, cardboard box, or anything really,
make sure you brake for a cup of lemonade. 
It will make kids smile from ear to ear
and it will cost you nothing but a quarter.
(Though they smile even bigger with two quarters!)
I can't end a post about lemons without my favorite lemon youtube video...
Bernese Puppy vs. a Lemon (though the title says something very different...don't they know a Bernese from a St. Bernard?  I guess not, but he's still a super cutie!
So Cute! 
I really want to have Murphy try a lemon,
but he's so picky that I don't even think he'd give it a little lick!
Good, because then I don't have to share my lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment