Sunday, June 9, 2013

Spring Cleaning with a Purpose

Wait! Don't throw that away!
We can reuse that!
I woke up thinking about cleaning.
Rotten way to wake up, right?
Yeah, I agree.
But see, I have this dog living in my house...
Yes, you Murphy.
 Don't pretend that you don't know how stinky you are today.
Stinky boy!
With the endless splashing in the creek and in his splashy pool,
it smells a little like wet dog. 
Yuck!
That is not the smell that is very welcoming.
So, it's a cleaning day.
Spring Cleaning Day!
WooHoo! or woohoo...
Cleaning isn't my favorite activity, but I do love the end results.
Are you spring cleaning?
If so, please set a few things aside.
Sure, you can put items aside for the Goodwill,
but if you find any towels or blankets,
please set those aside for Dove Lewis Animal Hospital.

With all of the critical and life-saving work that they do every single day,
they go through a lot of towels and blankets to make the animals comfortable.
And if you're also like me, you have a large supply of towels and blankets.
No, I don't really need ALL of these items.
Yes, Murphy is a stinky, wet dog on a daily basis,
but really I only need 7 dog towels, not 20!
So, until the end of June I will be collecting towels and blankets to donate to Dove Lewis.
If you live in the Lake Oswego, West Linn, Wilsonville area,
I'd be happy to meet you to collect them from you.
Of course, my dear friends, you know that I'll drive to your homes to collect as well.
Basically, if I know where you live, you can contact me,
leave them on your porch and I'll get 'em.
 
If you are feeling extra generous, I'm also collecting other supplies too.
Here is a full list of things that I'm looking to collect.
  • Dog toys for our canine blood bank
  • Cat toys for our feline blood bank
  • Beechnut Baby Food (stage 1 turkey, chicken or beef)
  • Reusable wee pads for dogs
  • Yesterdays News Cat Litter
  • World’s Best Cat Litter
  • Towels or blankets

  • I haven't mastered the whole coupon thing, but I'm sure some of you have.  Maybe you can find coupons for the baby food or cat litter? When people are worried about their animal, the last thing that they should have to worry about supplies for their care.
     

    Spring Cleaning is way more fun when you can find a way to reuse your unused items. :)
    Too bad I can't find a way to reuse the Murphy stink...ewwwww. 
    He seems to have an endless supply of that! 
    But at least he won't be stinky for long and then I can begin the real work,
    spring cleaning and collecting items
    for Dove Lewis.

    Can you help me too?


    Remember, message me if you live in the area,
    and I will happily pick up your donation.
    Together we can help Dove Lewis, who is always helping us.
    Thank you to all of my dear friends and family
    who have already filled the back of my car TWICE!
    As always, you amaze me
    and fill my heart with love.
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment