Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Hunt Begins

Since the beginning of time, people have set out before dawn to hunt and gather.
My parents taught me, their parents taught them,
and that teaching goes back and back and back.
They taught me the tools to use, and the best locations.
Hunting and gathering is necessary.
But there is a definite time of the year
that the hunting season is better.
And that time is now.
And the day is today.

Let the garage sale hunting and gathering season begin.
WooHoo!
Ahhhh...I LOVE a garage sale.
I don't think of it as a garage sale...to me it's a treasure hunt to me.
A hunt to find a little nugget of decoration to make my house reflect my eclectic style. 
Looking around my house right now, it's amazing to me how much of the things in my home are these treasures found.

So with Starbucks in hand (an essential tool) and friends to hunt with, I'm off!



Like any hunt, it begins slowly…We survey the area, scoping out the best places to begin, so that we can work our way around and hopefully hit all of the areas by the time we need to be done. Some places are barren, while others give us the hope of true bliss.
And some bliss is found.




Did we really neeeeed any of these things?
Yes!  Okay...no, not really.  But garage sales are the best way to update a look in your home without spending very much money.  And that's just how I like to freshen things up in my home!
And, like me, you scope out the homes and take pictures of their beautiful flowers and entryways so that you can steal...I mean borrow their ideas.  I really want a stone dog.  It wasn't for sale.  I asked. But maybe next time.
So what are you going to do next weekend?  I say hit the road and find some very own treasures to spruce up your home.  It will definitely be an adventure.  Enjoy your hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment