Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cold Season...grrrrrrrrr

Today was one of those days...

I felt rotten.
I could tell that it was hanging on the edge,
but I was really trying to keep it at bay.
I've been going to bed early.
Drinking fluids.
Washing my hands even more frequently than normal
...which is a lot.
But it happened anyway.
I have a cold.
Sigh.

I'm not a fun sick person.
My peppy spirit dies down.
I don't want to do anything.
I don't even want to make something delicious in my oven!
Craziness!
I feel like I've been dipped in mud, making me sluggish and chilly.
I'm stuffy, whiny, and just really tired.
Yep. Just an average, run of the mill cold.

But you know who still likes me?
Cold or no cold?
Yeah, it's the Murph.
He doesn't care if I hang around in my pj's all day.
In fact, I think he likes it.
Pj's just mean that we get to chill together all day long. 
I'll take him for random sniff-abouts around the neighborhood,
and he'll help ward away the chills.
He's a good cuddle buddy, so I think it's a fair trade.

Earlier I found myself wondering...
Who rescued who anyway?
I say that I got the best end of the deal.
Murphy is my bestie.
He's a fantastic alarm system...tested today. 
Works great! 
Loud and efficient.
Responds well to stimuli and knows the off word well.
A vacuum and mop...ok, not sanitary,
but effective in a pinch until the real thing takes over.
Feet warmer.
Therapist.
Not afraid of germs.

See, I think I win this round Murph.
Yes, I drove to get you, but you definitely rescued me.
Thanks for not caring about my cold and putting up with me.

If you have a pet that rescued you, give them a big hug from me.
Nothing makes a home, like a woof or a purr.
Don't you think?

1 comment: