Sunday, October 6, 2013

Strut Your Mutt 2013








September 28, 2013
We strut through any weather.
People asked me if I was still going to the event,
even though the weather report called for sideways rain
and strong winds.
My response...
"Of course I'm going! Murphy has to play and walk outside
no matter what the weather called for in the day."
You see, dog people are different.
It's not that I love stomping in the rain, though sometimes it's true...
It's just that Murphy loves being outside, especially when his best friend IO is involved.
He loves his Miss IO.
So, we put on our rain gear, well I did, and set out for a fun morning with our friends.
At this event, we feel a little like celebrities.
Not for a real, legit reason, but just because Murphy looks like the mascot of this event.
Don't you think?
So as we strut, people make comment about how cute he is and how he looks like the logo.

I feel proud, because I'm his human, and he looks at them, trying to figure out why they are talking to him.
No matter what happens, we just keep strutting our stuff for The Best Friend Animal Society with my Fences for Fido family.  It's the best way to spend a Saturday morning.
But the very, very best part of this event was an opportunity for Murphy to strengthen his budding friendships.  Any time that Murphy can have a positive interaction with humans is a good day in our book. That day was a very good day thanks to Jerry and Jesse for working their "Dog Whispering" magic on Murphy.
Being so close to the water, we had to make a splashy stop.
Thanks to everyone for joining us and making that a fantastic day for the animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment