Sunday, October 20, 2013

Perspective and Hockey















Disappointment is a part of life.
That doesn't mean that I like it, and I don't.
When I go to specific places I have expectations. 
Hanging out with friends? I'll laugh...hopefully snort because it's so funny.
Going out to eat? I'll pick something delicious.
Going to a hockey game? I will watch a good fight.
Yeah. All I want to is see a good fight.
Is that too much to ask?!?
I don't think that it is.
But obviously it was for Friday nights' game.
I know...
You must be thinking?
"Did I just read that right?
The girl who loves kindness, joy, cute kittens and puppies WANTS the players to fight?!?"
I know...weird right?
Don't worry.
The world is still turning on its axis.
The end is not near.
I just really like hockey fights.
It's the one place that fighting doesn't bother me.
Maybe it's the ice?
I don't know.
But I do feel like its okay.
I mean, they're wearing padding...a lot of padding! 
Plus, it's not like the fight is going to get too out of control.
They will be stopped, so it's okay in my book.
In fact, I like the drama of it all.
Stick dropped. Gloves thrown. Helmet off.
It's all so dramatic...especially when they're wearing ice skates!
I think it's the tough guy way of proving that they're never going to be in an ice skating competition.  
'Cause they thrown it down.

















But this was not my night for a good fight.
Was there good hockey?
Yep.  
It was action-packed excitement.
We're my friends awesome and funny?
Heck yeah!
They're my FFF family!
How could they not be?!
Good fights?
No. None.
But that's okay, because as a group we had Fences For Fido 
up on the jumbo-tron.
That way other people can checkout our awesomeness and volunteer.
In fact...YOU SHOULD TOO! 
Who cares about hockey when there are dogs that need to be freed from life on a chain?!?!
You read me raving about it, so go sign up.
It will, literally change your life while you change another.
That's a promise.
FENCES FOR FIDO

No comments:

Post a Comment