Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Impact: Part Two

 "If you think you're too small to have an impact, 
try going to bed with a mosquito."
Anita Roddick 


"Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, 
and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness."
Harold Kushner 


Here is another set of response from my students when I asked them who in their life has left a lasting impact on them. I love that the first one doesn't even have a name to go with it...a good reminder that we all can impact, even with strangers.

Lady at the Barn:  She is someone that I only met once, but she taught me how to be brave.

Mrs. Hiser:  She was my teacher.  She helped me get to where I am today and was very understanding.

Uncle Andy: He has a way of making me smile when I get mad or sad.  When I think about him, I remember when we used to go play soccer together.

Linda: She is really supportive.  She is kind of like a second mom to me and has influenced my life by always being there.

Mom:  Even though she has 3 kids, she always takes time for me.  My dad is always working, but she is the one that takes care of us each day.

Mom: My mom means the world to me, because she makes my day better and I can always trust her! She’s the best mom.  My mom impacted my life when I was just a baby.  She was a single mom, but took care of me and didn’t give up.

Wes (family friend):  We met at basketball tryouts where he came up to me and said, “Have fun and do the best you can.”  He has been my coach for two years now and I hope he will be for much longer too.

Dione (family friend): She is hilarious, respectful, sweet, kind, always playful and a caring goofball.  She has shown me that even though we’re not blood related, that doesn’t mean you love or care about that person any less.

Mom: She has taught me that no matter what, you can always forgive someone.

Dad: He has changed me into a good ball player with sports.  Plus he’s nice, supportive, generous, and hilarious.

Mom: She has pushed me to be the best I can in everything that I do.

Grandma Elena: She means everything to me and is like a mother to me.  Whenever she goes somewhere, I go with her…I love that.

Kennedy (friend):  I can tell her anything and trust her with it all.

Kaitlyn (friend):  She’s very funny, fun, and she brings joy into my life.  Plus, she is always there for me.

Poppy (grandpa):  He’s fun and gives a lot of time to me, my cousins, and other syblings.  He impacts me by the way he just gives his time to watch us so that we can have fun.  And I respect that very much.

Kenneth (best friend): Kenneth means a lot to me.  He’s always fun, willing to play games, and hangout.  I wouldn’t be me if I never met Kenneth and I wouldn’t have the imagination that I have if I had never met him.

Mom:  She is a busy, but inspiring artist and a great cook.  She’s supported my talents and hobbies more than I could ask for; she acknowledges my talents.

Lori (aunt):  My Aunt Lori influenced me by making me feel better about myself. She makes me laugh and tells me stories about when she was my age.

Grandpa (great-grandpa): He was a prisoner of war, but is cheerful most of the time.  He supports me by helping me with my homework and encouraging me to work hard to achieve my future goals.

Jordin (friend):  She’s funny.  Usually I’m a downer, but when I visit her I’m actually quite fun to be around.

Ted (brother):  My brother is my role model.  He’s the type of person I go to when I’m feeling down.  He’s impacted my life by showing me how strong I am and that I’m capable of doing anything for my future.

Uncle Ken:  he taught me to understand that everything has a purpose and a reason.

Dad:  My dad means the whole universe to me because he encourages me, understands me, and loves me a lot.  He’s taught me how to be a good persona and play sports.  I would not be the person I am today without my dad.

Daisy (cat):  Daisy is a kind soul. She taught me to respect others, just by her quiet self and elegance.  She’s been with me ever since I was born, and growing up she is one of my best friends.  She has taught me patience, kindness, and showed me how smart animals can be.
(I can definitely relate to that.  Animals are the purest souls…why to some treat them as nothing?)

Tia Maureen (aunt): She has always been around for me. She always know how to make me smile.  My Tia tells me that I can do anything, that she knows I’m growing up to smart, beautiful woman, who will achieve amazing things.
(I think I need a Tia Maureen in my life.  How about you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment