Monday, January 27, 2014

Taming the Murph

Murphy is picky.
We all know that by now.
He's picky about his humans,
about his toys,
about food,
and definitely about his doggy friends.
So when I was asked by my dear friend Kristi, if we could watch her labradoodle puppy, Daisy, I was a little hesitant.

I really wasn't sure about how Murphy would feel about having another dog sharing his space.
Surprisingly, he enjoyed having a little feisty sister.


To ease him into the idea, I had a plan.
Daisy was dropped off at my house, and Murphy was in his kennel...safe and sound.
Then I had a person that Murphy trusted, my mom, his gma, come over and join us for a walk.
Murphy sniffed.
Daisy sniffed.
They both hopped and pranced down the street to the park.
Then sniffed some more.
By that time, Murphy could see that Daisy was just a little muffin and not a threat at all.
In fact, he learned quickly that she was just a little sweet shy pup.
They soon began to play.
And man...they played for the next few days!
Happy playful faces were all that I saw for the remaining days.
Look at these smiles!
I think Murphy fell a little in love with the little Daisy-Doo.
She became a little sister that he didn't know he had missed.
They tore around the house, until they would collapse into a panting and happy mess.
Tongues hanging down the sides of their faces, tired and super happy.
Murphy even shared his food!
I really didn't think that would happen...
I never know what to expect from the Murph.
 Please ignore the mess...these dogs were crazy!
Such good pups!
Daisy did get to rest a little,
but only so that Murphy could catch his breath and get ready to wrestle again.
Little Daisy...
You are welcome to stay with us anytime.
We LOVE you and your cuddles.
Thank you sweet Daisy-Doo.
Not only for being a fantastic house guest,
but for showing me that it might be time for Murphy to have a little sister of his own.
After playing with you, I saw what a good big brother the Murph could be.
Do you know of anyone Daisy?

No comments:

Post a Comment