Friday, April 25, 2014

Books Galore

Books, books, books...
everywhere I turned there were more books!
It's like I had stepped into a dream world...a little piece of heaven.

Now I know that you're thinking,
"Oh, Lori...We already know about Powell's Books in Portland.  You silly goose!"
I know...I know.
Powell's is the mecca for all those in search of new, used, and treasured titles novels.
People have been known to travel, just to step foot through their hallowed doorways.
I too have spent many afternoons,
that stretch into evenings wandering it's shelves and browsing obscure titles.
But what if you're not in Portland?
Have you ever been to the Oregon Coast
and needed something new to read as you gaze at the sea?
I have.
And let me tell you, it's not so easy to find quality used books.
Well, unless you want John Gresham or some sappy romance.
If that's all you're seeking, then there are plenty of place to go.
But me, well...over Spring Break,
I wanted "new" books and I wasn't wanting a sappy romance.
So what is a nerdy book girl to do?!
Well, it's a good thing that I was in Lincoln City, Oregon.
Though it isn't as big as Powell's, it was a dream come true to this book hoarding gal.

3412 S.E. Hwy 101
Lincoln City, Oregon 97367
United States
541-994-4453

Now don't be fooled by the non-nonchalant exterior...
this place is stuffed with surprises.
I love walking into this store.
Immediately you're surrounded by books!
Some old, some new,
but there is a beautiful thing walking into a used book store.
I feel like I'm on a quest...
but the treasure is a huge surprise.
During this visit, I was on a hunt for two things,
mystery novels and cookbooks.
Both were in abundance there and I walked out with an armful of both,
and a huge smile on my face.
So next time you're in Lincoln City, Oregon, 
I recommend that you step into the paradise of used books.  
Get lost in Robert's Book Shop.
And you will get lost around each doorway and narrow pathway.
But you will be surrounded by books,
so you will never actually be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment