Friday, August 23, 2013

Cookie Sandwiches

The keys to cookie sandwiches are delicious cookies and your favorite frosting. 
To me nothing is better then homemade. 
In fact, I tried pre-made frosting last week...
even now I shutter at the thought,
and actually it's shocking to anyone who knows me too. 
I was telling a friend that I had tried to use it, and she actually gasped aloud. 
She knew my feelings about that pre-made,
processed junk that people try to pass off as treats.
In fact, that was the reason that I started baking for events.
I was sick of people spending money on treats that were too sugary
and ended up being thrown away.
Tired of celebration cakes that were just, okay. 
We all deserve better than okay.
 One of the most difficult decisions with cookie sandwiches is choosing what type of cookie to make.
I chose Chocolate Chip with and without walnuts, Oatmeal Raisin, and Oatmeal Cranberry with White Chocolate...I go a little crazy when I make treats. I can't make just one kind. You know that!
 Oatmeal Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies with Berry Buttercream:
 Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Vanilla Buttercream:
 
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla Buttercream:

 Chocolate Chip-Walnut Cookies with Chocolate Buttercream

 After the buttercream in the cookies have had a chance to set (I place them in the refrigerator), arrange the cookies in a box and share them with those you love.  Once they try these, they're going to love you as much as they love these sandwiches.
Aren't these beautiful?! Yum.
Now it's your turn...what kind are you going to make?
Or you can just wait for my first bake sale and purchase them for a good cause...
Yeah, you should do that instead.

Note: These can be made vegan and gluten-free
with small adaptations. Everyone deserves cookies! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment