Sunday, December 29, 2013

GF Vegan Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies

It has always been my goal to make treats so that everyone can enjoy something delicious.
I first tackled making treats that were vegan, then tried my hand at gluten-free.
Both successful.
But what about those that needed treats that were both?!
There was no way that I could forget about them.
Especially when I can picture their happy, smiling faces chowing down on a cookie.
I LOVE it when people tear right into the cookie boxes and eat one right away.
Best thing to witness for a baker like me.
These cookies are the best of both worlds...vegan and gluten free.

Gluten Free and Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 22-24

Ingredients:
1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature (8 tablespoons or 1 stick)

½ cup coconut oil
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg equivalent of Flax Meal (I used Bob’s Red Mill brand)
1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill brand)
1/2 teaspoon xantham gum (if your GF all-purpose flour does not already contain it)
2 cups gluten free whole grain oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill brand)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chopped into chunks (Dairy-free chocolate)
  1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
  2. Add the vegan butter, coconut oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until combined. Add the flax meal and vanilla and mix until combined.
  3. In a medium bowl, stir together the gluten free all-purpose flour, xantham gum (if needed), gluten free oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and beat on medium until combined. Stir in the dark chocolate chunks.
  4. Spoon onto the prepared cookie sheet in rounded tablespoons an inch apart. Bake 13-15 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies have browned and the cookies have set.
  5. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Even those without a gluten allergy or vegan will love these cookies.
Trust me, I only like things that are delicious and I definitely work to make my treats that way.
Enjoy and share with those you love,
Lori 

No comments:

Post a Comment