Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sparkle Chit-Chat and Soup

Each year my friends and I try to do
something different for birthdays. 
So this year we are planning events
or activities to celebrate the new candle on our cake.

To start our September birthday girl off right into the 35 year old world, we met up at The Wine Cellar for wine, chit-chat, and a soup cooking class.  In reality, the chit-chat was the most important thing of the night, then wine, and we kind of made a little soup in the process. 

Of course, we are professional chit-chatters,
so we can multi-task,
but I was a bit concerned with the large knives and wine combo.

Somehow we managed to not lose any fingers or any blood, so for me it was a successful cooking night.  I generally use a smaller knife since I have been known to slice myself....but tonight, I was fine.
 
Thank goodness we had a teacher that led us through the process and join in the chit-chat too.
 Kristi was a natural with that chopper. 
If you don't have one, you should pick one up because it helps to release some stress.
Pow! Pow! Bang!
After using that, I felt much better about everything. :0)



Some serious cutting for Sara, our birthday girl, and Kelly.




Yum! Look at that menu for Friday and Saturday night! 
We're definitely going back for a little more wine and chit-chat...
I'll leave the knife skills to someone else that night.  ;0) 

Tonight though, we're enjoying some warm comfort. 
Soup, wine, and most importantly my dear friends...I couldn't ask for anything better than that.


The Wine Cellar
525 NW Saltzman Road
Portland, OR 97229
503.643.5655

No comments:

Post a Comment