Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm a cliche' -Part One












I have tried to not be as cliche' Oregonian.
Really, I tried.
I've watched Portlandia on IFC, and thought..."Haha...Good thing that I'm not like that!"
But, there's a big problem.
I am like that.
I really love the things that make us...well...us.
  • I can spend a whole day watching a obscure TV show.
  • I love to pickle things, and thought that pickled blueberries were a great twist.
  • Every Sunday I go to the Farmer's Market.
  • I like to know the farmers that grow my food.
  • I love to see the chickens that lay my eggs
I may not live in Portland, but...
I am a just like the characters on Portlandia
(You may already know this...but I recently discovered this.)

Oh, yeah...
The really big piece of evidence to me being a character on the show...
 
I love putting birds on things.
Birds just make everything look better in my world.
Especially if I can put a bird on a fluffy pillow!
Oh man, that makes me super happy.

Unlike the characters on Portlandia,
I won't freak out when I see a real bird.
Though I will cover head so it won't poop on me.
And, really...if I'm being honest, real birds don't spend time at my house because my dog loves to chase them.  He finds them in the trees, the bushes, and hiding under the deck.
Oh no!  He likes birds as much as I do...just a bit differently.
But heck, isn't that what makes us Oregonians?
We're all a little different.
And I like it that way.
If I'm going to be a cliche',
this isn't a big cliche' to be.
I'll make the world bird-beautiful. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment