Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Bar Muffins

I love pumpkin!  And I mean LOVE PUMPKIN!
Sweet little pumpkins,
Pumpkin pie,
Pumpkin scones,
Pumpkin latte',
Pumpkin...pumpkin...pumpkin...even adorable Pumpkin, my friends' kitty-cat.
It's Fall, and pumpkin is a staple in my cupboard, in my fridge, on my porch and in my muffins.
Perfect way to live, right?!
I sure think so...
that's why I needed to combine two of my favorite pumpkins...muffins and bars. :0)
 
Pumpkin Bar Muffins
Adapted from Paul's Pumpkin Bars
Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
 
 
 
Directions:
1.Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
2.In a stand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until mixed well.
3.


 

Fill muffin tins evenly with batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven. Watch closely after 15 minutes so that you don't over bake them. 
4.Need a little something extra on your muffin? You could always make cream cheese frosting and add it to the top, but then I'd have a difficult time justifying it for breakfast.  ;0)  But, heck, go for it!  I won't tell anyone, if you don't tell anyone that I LOVE to add frosting to mine...or at least a pat of butter.  Deal?
 Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely try these!! Yum, I am in love with Pumpkin, too. Already had Pumpkin Jamba twice for lunch since it came back in season!

    ReplyDelete