Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sparkle Friends

It's almost complete...almost.
I just need one more dear friend
to move back to Portland,
then it will all be right in the world again.
So close, yet so very far away from complete.
One makes a difference.

Remember when you live down the hall from your friends? Remember running to their door to share all of the important events of the day? Why does college have to tease us with that as the reality? I miss that. I enjoy having all of my favorite people right down the hall, or street, or at least in the same little stretch. Now, I'm lucky that we're almost in the same state. Geesh!
But, we're almost all back to stay and at least we're all back in one spot for one evening. Who knew that would be a feat itself of coordinating schedules and calendars of events?

But alas, we did it. My heart is full...even if it's just one night.
 
I love how time drifts away and conversation flows from families to vacations, epic novels to trashy books, and economics to the Kardashians. Yes...in my beautiful world, this is a flow and it all makes perfect sense to me.

3 1/2 hours seems like 1...the restaurant was lively when we arrived and soon we were closing the place down with the wait staff still smiling at us. They even joined in the Kardashian conversation! I love that!
Renewed and refreshed I head home, thinking about the next time we'll be back in one place.

                                                      Happy Birthday Sara!
These girls might not live down the hall from me anymore, but that's ok.
I'd go anywhere to spend a little time gabbing the night away with them.
They are gorgeous gems in my little jewel box of friends.
It's a small box of treasured people, but oh how they sparkle to me.




Take care dear sparkle friends
& thank you for sparkling so bright
that I get to radiate that light too. :0)
Your light is beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. I made the sparkle friends post!!! Thanks for the nod, my friend. Means a great deal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :0) Yes, you did! Sparkle on girl...sparkle on!

      Delete