Friday, December 7, 2012

Chocolate Sprinkle Crinkle

I just love sprinkles!
Sometimes...actually, every time that I go to my favorite decorating shop,
The Decorette Shop, I have to buy new sprinkles.


 
I guess I view sprinkles like I view sparkle...it just makes things better!

So what helps to bring the holidays along like a bit of chocolate and sprinkle? 
Nothin' in my book.  That combination is perfect. 
As I tried to pick cookies to sell for my Bake Sale Mission: Christmas (hint, hint) I searched through my recipe box and hunted through my cookbooks to find my favorite chocolate crinkle recipe.  mmmmm....Chocolate!  My Multiple Personality Cookies are pretty rockin', but I wanted something else too.

People love crinkles...so here is a favorite Chocolate Sprinkle Crinkle.
Chocolate Sprinkle Crinkle
Slightly adapted from Real Simple

 

 

 





Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup  unsalted butter, bring to room temperature
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • multi-colored sprinkles (I used Christmas colors!)
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
 
2. With an electric mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs in one at a time, and mix until combined. Reduce speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture, mixing until it comes together. 
               
               
3. Form the dough into balls...I use a small cookie scoop. Roll the balls in the powdered sugar until it's fully covered. Then place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Add sprinkles to each cookie and press each  slightly with the palm of your hand.
 
4.  Bake until the cookies are firm and the tops crack, 13 to 15 minutes.
                               
5. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then move to wire racks to cool completely.
 
 
6.  Enjoy and share these with some of your favorite people! :0)
 

2 comments:

  1. Yum, can't wait to see what you bring tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a little hint of summertime, oh and these crinkles will make an appearance too. :0)

      Delete