Friday, March 22, 2013

I dabble

Some people have a special talent or skill...not me.
I dabble.
I like to try different things.
Cool jewelry...I think, "I can make that!"
Oooo, that's a fun painting, but so expensive..."I can paint that!"
Bake, cook, knit, crochet, sew, garden, tile...if its a home idea or new craft, I've probably tried it.
"Hi, my name is Lori, and I'm a dabbler."
Some people might find this type of crafting life frustrating, but to me it's a challenge and an adventure.
I've had epic, expensive failures...which I will not share. (Today that is.)
But, I've also discovered that there are hidden talents that I never knew that I had.
Like I said, my world is an adventure.
This weekend, was an adventure in trying new things.
I had a pile of fabric laying around. It felt wasteful to have do many beautiful patterns with their lives unfulfilled. It was my job to find their purpose, and hopefully bring myself and others joy in the process.
So here it is...
A look into my dabbling world of crafting over one weekend.

 I needed to practice frosting and filling shapes,
so why not try to make a chocolate cream cheese cookie? 
The frosting was fabulous...the cookie...oh, it was okay.





On to the the next dabble...pillows and pillowcases!
My bedroom needed a little update and I had a stack of fabric,
so just a little stitching and BOOM...update!
 
  
I had a little fabric left over so I kept right on stitching and made a few pillowcases for the Beaverton Clothes Closet too! I hope that these bright, fun colors will bring someone a little joy.  
After all of the "hard" work I definitely deserved a little deliciousness.
So I heated up my beloved pie maker, gathered supplies, and made some quiche.
Yumma!


Now I feel better.
I have dabbled in sewing, baking, savory pie making.
In my world, that all equals up to a fabulous weekend.

I might be a dabbler, but that's okay. I don't plan in changing a thing! :0)
Maybe someday I can crown myself the Sparkle Dabble Queen! (The Shiny crown is a must.)

Cheers and happiness in your dabbles this weekend,
Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment