Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pancakes, I can't stop thinking about them...

It was the first thought in my head this morning...
Pancakes.
Sad, but true.
I stayed in bed thinking about the ingredients,
wondering if I had enough buttermilk left.
Slowly, I went over the entire contents of my refrigerator...
shelf by shelf in my mind.
Had I used it all for the scones?
Murphy didn't stir to move when I told him to go check...
He just let out a big sigh and pretended to sleep.
Typical.
Pancakes.
Yep. 
Now I have to make them,
otherwise I would think about them all day long.
When I have a craving for pancakes (or waffles), I give in...
because I know that I only need a couple pancakes to fulfill the craving
and then I'll be good for a few months.
You see...I don't like pancakes very much.
Sure, they're great while camping,
but those are just made from instant mix...
I mean, who wants to drag ingredients
to make pancakes from scratch while camping?!
That would be craziness!
When I want pancakes, I want fluffy pancakes made from scratch.
But I rarely make them at home, especially just for myself!
Good thing Murphy was in the pancake mood too.
Buttermilk Pancake Heaven
Recipe from The Cookworks on Food Network

Ingredients


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
21/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus some for frying
Serving suggestions: whipped cream,fresh berries and maple syrup

Directions

1. In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. This is an important step to get all of the dry ingredients combined well.
2. Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter.
3. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter. Be careful not to over mix, otherwise it will create heavy, flat pancakes.  No one wants that!
4. Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet.
5. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with your favorite toppings and share with your favorite people...those with two or four legs!
 
Not every pancake turned out well...some were epic fails.
Guess who doesn't care how the pancake looks?
Yep...Murphy has never met a pancake that he doesn't like.
And by the speed in which he consumed them,
they were scrumptous.

No comments:

Post a Comment