Tuesday, March 19, 2013

YouTube Trap

Darn you!
Yes, YouTube, YOU!
Why do you trap me with your funny animal clips?
Draw me into animated shorts about cats?!
And why Ellen, does your show have so many guests,
games, and silly side notes that keep me watching
and clicking... WAY TOO LONG?!?!
Why?!
Sigh.
It's my fault.
All me.
Yeah, it would've nice to throw the blame on other people,
but it was me who throw myself down the rabbit hole of spinning video clips.
I'm an adult.
I work with teens...
I should know better...
Well, I guess I do, but I still do it.
Okay, here it goes...
"Hi."
Cough. Cough.
"My name is Lori., and I'm addicted to YouTube."
I bury my head in my hands.

I'm not sure when it happened, but like any addiction it started slow.
So slow that I didn't notice it was happening!
It was one video...
 

"The Ultimate Dog Tease" or as I call it "Bacon"
Yeah...that might have started it all.
If only it stopped there, but it didn't.  Not even close.

Then two...
Sweet Denver, "The guilty dog."
Then three...
"Banana"

And then...sniff...giggle...haha...I tumbled down the rabbit hole!!
I hang my head in shame...but then, I realize...
I COULD USE THIS FOR GOOD! (Light bulb!)
If I share my favorite videos
and they make others smile or laugh or just giggle a little,
then all of that time wasted!
It wouldn't be in vain!
(YES!)

So here they are...some of my favorite videos.
The top three are at the top of this page...but here are a couple more.
This one just tugs on my heart.
My sweet older pup Quincy cried like this when I came home from college.
 
Or this loving boyfriend knowing how to help heal his girlfriends' heart.
 
Murphy is a fan of YouTube also.
Not surprisingly, his favorite videos are animal related...
 ...and currently they are the "goat" videos.
 
"Miley Cyrus-Party in the USA"
 
"One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful"
(The multiple goats really got his attention.)
 
And finally...one of my all-time favorites! 
This video makes me chuckle every time.
Best. Ever.
I hope these videos made your day just a little bit better.
Hugs,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment